[Biturbos4] APR Chip?

David Lau toomanycars at mac.com
Thu Feb 5 15:35:13 EST 2004

Oh yeah, it's not subtle...
Quantitatively, I think APR says torque goes from 256 ft-lbs to 384. Where
boost maxed at 9psi stock, it spikes to 19psi and holds at 16-17 with the 93
octane program. On the dyno, torque was over 300 ft-lbs (I'll have to find
the printout for stock). Apparently there's a fair amount of loss through
the quattro.

Qualitatively, 2-lane passing becomes effortless, hence very safe. On the
interstate, you can move from "back here in this lane" to "up there in that
lane" instantly. After a run at our local dragstrip, the announcer came on
and said "jeez, that guy just pulled a 13.9 in the grocery-getter". ;-)