[Biturbos4] driving without working MAF

John Koenig johnkoenig at greennet.net
Thu Jul 22 10:33:15 EDT 2004

Listen, I don't want to start any flame wars, and this is certainly not
personally directed at anyone, but I guess I'm just in the mood today.

I always have to think twice about what "CEL" means.  It should actually be
Malfunction Indicator Lamp or its acronym MIL.  This is the correct,
industry-accepted term for the "Check-Engine" light, supported by SAE and
EPA and legislation (believe it or not!), and it's what appears in all
factories' service and repair literature.

My 2-1/2 cents worth.


More information about the Biturbos4 mailing list