[Biturbos4] 2.7T or V8?

*~~Ebony's Husband~~* Broussard rodneybroussard at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 17:47:44 EDT 2004

Hello All!
I've been on this list for quite a while now (since back when it was at
"coimbra") and am working on my 6th Audi.  I know this is mainly an S4 forum
but I really need a little help though.  I'm vacillating between an A6 2.7T
6sp and an A6 4.2 (Tip of course).

1.  Any recommendations, based on anything?

2.  I'm used to the old 5000/200TQ with the "bulletproof" turbos, so I'm
REALLY concerned about the K03 turbo failures so many on this list seem to
have in the S4.  Is that a concern in the A6?  And if so, when were
improvements made if any?

I plan to chip it after the warranty runs out.

3.  Is there a huge difference in performance between a 2.7T 6sp and a 2.7T

I've driven both and though the 2.7T (which was a Tip) is more affordable,
the 4.2 just does what it does so effortlessly!  (And it sounds wonderful!)
Thanks in advance!!!

85  5000S Turbo (Blue/Purple)
87  5000CS Turbo Quattro (Gray)
87.5   5000CS Turbo Quattro (Pearl White w/Alcantara in '87!!!!)
90  100S (red)
98  A6 2.8 Quarttro (silver)
200? A6  XXX  Quattro (help me decide)

Make the most of your family vacation with tips from the MSN Family Travel
Guide! http://dollar.msn.com