[Biturbos4] detecting air intake leaks

j y jimnetpa at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 23:34:36 EST 2004

AWE has a tool.
check their website - it's pretty cheap.
I think the URL is www.awe.com

David Kavanagh <dak at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
Has anyone come up with a good "tool" to test for air intake leaks? The
kind of think I have in mind would be some sort of cap that fits over
the MAF intake side and contains an air fitting and also clamps on with
a large hose clamp. I've seen similar things for the '91 20v turbo engine.
If nobody has a parts list, I'll try to put something together.

The reason I'm asking is because one time recently, I heard a sound like
a small air leak upon hard acceleration. I haven't heard it since, but
the other day, my wife phoned to say she heard some high pitched sound
after making a turn (and going up a hill, I think). I haven't been able
to reproduce, but want to check for leaks in the intake to make sure
those turbos don't overspin.

Biturbos4 mailing list
Biturbos4 at www.audifans.com

Do you Yahoo!?