[Biturbos4] DTC 17579 on a 2000 Audi S4 (B5)

Single Malt s_malt at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 16:11:09 EDT 2005

--- j y <jimnetpa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Do you have the Bentley manual? The DTC section of
> the Bentley manual (CD) would point you in the most
> likely direction.
> Adam Jansen <aedan1 at hotmail.com> wrote:I am getting
> the following DTC that throws my car into EPC
> 17579 Angle Sensor 2 for Trottle Actuator (G188)
> implausible signal
> P1171 -35 -10 Intermittent

My quick Bentley search points to checking the
"throttle actuation potentiometer" and it points to a
procedure on how to check said potentiometer using a
VAG tool.  I briefly looked at that procedure and it
is a bit lengthy to summarize here, but it involves
watching the values in a measuring block as you
depress the throttle.  It went on to other procedures
to check different components throughout this system.

Another quick search for EPC resulted in a reference
to the fact that a malfunction in the electronic
throttle could cause the EPC lamp to come on.

FWIW, hope that helps ...

Single Malt
'01.5 S4
Garaged at 9200ft