[Biturbos4] Unholy smoke

Single Malt s_malt at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 5 19:10:54 EDT 2005

>Keman wrote:
> Come to think of it... take the free turbos. Smile
> and nod. Follow up with
> them after you get the turbos.

I never had smoke, but I had lots and lots of oil in
the line to the diverter valve on the driver-side,
this oil could be poured out to a nice puddle from the
lower hose going to (I believe) the intercooler.

The diagnosis was turbo seals were blown creating an
internal boost leak.  They replaced the turbos at 65k.
 I guess I'd better check to see if my problem still
persists. I still consume about a quart of oil every
2000 miles or so.

Single Malt
'01.5 S4
Garaged at 9200ft