[Biturbos4] Timing Belt replacement

Single Malt s_malt at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 16:49:31 EDT 2005

--- Jonathan Conta <jonnyconta at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   The B5 seems to have somewhat of a
> short-life water pump (mine went at 50k and I found
> a large number of people who had the same) so if
> you're in there doing that, you might as well do the
> timing belt, tensioners, etc.
> Mike
> --- "Aurangzeb M. Agha" wrote:
> > Anyone know what the
> > definitive answer is?

I think the conventional wisdom among those who should
know is about 60k to be safe.  I've heard that 90k is
a risk even though that is the "official" service
interval.  I've also heard it is not the belt as much
as the water pump and tensioners.

I've was quoted $1800 at the dealer.  I had it done
for about $1400 while they were doing my turbo

Single Malt
'01.5 S4
Garaged at 9200ft
just outside Denver, CO