[Biturbos4] '92 S4 original turbo

Ti Kan ti at amb.org
Wed Aug 31 10:03:29 EDT 2005

Single Malt writes:
> --- David Cahill <djcahill at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just to throw some salt in the wounds, I'd like to
> > point out that the
> > original turbo on my '92 S4 is still producing 1.3
> > bar after 307,000 miles.
> > That is all.
> ... and what is your RPM before the boost kicks in on
> your '92?? :)  But I guess that when it *does* kick in
> you get quite a kick in the pants.

Actually the '92-94 S4 (and 95 S6) AAN engine's torque curve is similar
to that of the biturbo S4's.  It also reaches its peak low in the
sub-2000 range and maintains it throughout the useful powerband.  It
uses a single K24 turbo instead of dual K03s.  While it doesn't spool
quite as fast as the K03s it's not bad at all.

Ti Kan
Vorsprung durch Technik