[Biturbos4] Turbos Reliability & Replacement Cost (was: 2000 S4 Running Hot)

j y jimnetpa at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 14:58:08 EDT 2005

If you haven't made mods to the exhaust (larger true dual exhaust, removed pre-cats from DPs) and intake (APR Bi-pipe or SAMCO TBB, larger ICs) then you will NOT realize the potential of K04s. I would NOT recommend putting K04s on Stage 1 (just a chip) S4 w/o the aforementioned upgrades - first.
Even after the aforementioned upgrades, you should also upgrade the fueling, MAF, Y-PIPE, turbo intake hoses, etc.  This will set you back some $$$.
In my opinion, it's BEST to SLOWLY work your way up to a K04 (Stage 3) set-up, unless you have mucho $$$ burnin' in your pocket. Believe me, a stage 2, 2+, 2++ set-up will put your S4 in a different category - not quite Stage 3 - but awful close. You WON'T be disappointed!

Rohan Singh <rohanj_singh at yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks for the info Quincy. I'll begin to save up! Any
opinions on whether it is worth switching to Ko4's on
a car with around 100K kilometres (About 62K miles)?
I'm planning to keep the car to the very end so maybe
it is huh?

Do You Yahoo!?