[Biturbos4] Alignment

mike mcclurg rrrrraudi at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 15:43:01 EDT 2005

Bentley gives a camber spec of -50' +/-25' which is
about -0.83 +/-0.42 degrees, if I am not mistaken.

I recently had it checked and it measured -1.5 and
-1.6 degrees on the left and right, respectively. This
is a little out of spec, but even side to side.
Bentley also says that camber is not adjustable, just
that you can even it out side to side.

My toe measured in spec at +0.11 degree.

I had a little bit of cupping on the inside edge of
new tires after 5,000 miles.

The question is, can this amount of camber cause the
tire wear problem? If so, is there a way to correct
Why could it be out of spec, but centered, given that
there is supposedly no adjustment available?

2001 S4

Do You Yahoo!?