[Biturbos4] Unholy smoke

Single Malt s_malt at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 29 01:13:54 EDT 2005

--- Chris Newbold <chris at newbold.org> wrote:
> lights. Pulling the plugs sure
> would be enlightening, but that looks like it
> requires disassembling the
> top-half of the motor :-)

Plug extraction is not hard at all ... especially if
your only going for a sample few (pick the *easiest*
ones).  Two screws for the coil pack, and a long
extension for the plugs ... I did go out and buy a
torque wrench for the re-installation procedure
though.  If I recall, you may need to (or want to)
replace the compression gasket on the plug as well.

Good luck - may the warranty angels be with you!

Single Malt
'01.5 S4
Garaged at 9200ft
just outside Denver, CO