[Biturbos4] Speaking of MAF's

mike mcclurg rrrrraudi at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 11:33:19 EDT 2005

Long time Audi owner, first time S4 owner.

Trying to establish a base line with the early build
(06/00) 2001 S4 I just bought. From what I have read,
this one should predate the 2001.5 model so I am
surprised that it has a Hitachi MAF. Is this something
that can just be upgraded, or does it involve changes
to the wiring connectors and maybe even the ECU?
VAG-COM says my ECU is 8D0 907 551 H.

Also, while driving it the other day with the VAG-COM
hooked up, I saw 1.7 bar on the actual boost output.
Is this normal for an unchipped car?

Thanks, I’m looking forward to sharing the knowledge
base on this list. I already notice some names I
remember from the quattro list.

One more question – I’ve read a lot in the archives,
but how do you actually search them for a topic or key
word? Maybe I just missed something, but I can’t find
a search feature.

’85 4ksq (sold)
’86 5ksctq (running, parts car)
’89 100q (300,000 miles, daily driver until next item
was acquired)
’01 S4 (120,000 miles, stock?)

Do You Yahoo!?