[Biturbos4] Grinding Sound from rear during slow speed stop

Single Malt s_malt at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 17:16:32 EDT 2006

--- "j.koenig" <j.koenig at adelphia.net> wrote:

> In spite of the age of the pads, I'd look first at
> the brakes.  It could even be something
> stupid like a stone jammed in the caliper and
> grinding on the rotor.

I recall reading something about that months ago in
this list (my feeble search attempts failed).  IIRC,
the fix was to find a safe place (empty parking lot)
to drive in reverse at a decent speed and then slam on
the brakes ... thus dislodging the debris.  Sounds a
bit brutish.  Perhaps removing the caliper would show
a bit more finesse (and provide an opportunity to
inspect for damage).

'01.5 S4 Sedan
'03 A4 3.0 Sedan
'87 4000 CSq (f'in sweet, baby)