[Biturbos4] Seatbelt behavior

Single Malt s_malt at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 13:27:36 EDT 2006

Yes, that behaviour is by design and I would expect
the RS6 to feature it as well.

I use it as an impromptu "race harness" by locking the
front belt in the manner you described ... only I lock
it with my seat way back and then bring the seat
forward into the locked belt.  You can really strap
yourself in tightly using this feature.

I believe it is even discussed in the manual.

--- Andy Turner <andy at palomar.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> The rear seatbelts in my 2000 S4 are a PITA to use
> with the child seat
> we have. It's because once you pull the belt out,
> and then let it back
> in just a little, it won't come back out again until
> it's first gone
> *all* the way back in. Is this the case with all
> Audi/VW cars? Is
> there some way to switch the behaviour?
> Also, anyone happen to have an RS6 and know if the
> behaviour is the
> same?
> Thanks!

'01.5 S4 Sedan