[Biturbos4] Synthetic oil - frequency of changes

Chris Newbold chris at newbold.org
Wed Dec 3 18:07:42 PST 2008

Amsoil European Car formula 5W-40, changed every 5-7.5k.

Seals blew on the original turbos at 50k+100 miles...

I've recently enabled the "variable service" interval in the trip computer;
I'm curious to see what it will suggest, though I will likely change no
later than 7.5k anyway.

I've also started using the Amsoil "Aboslute Efficiency" filters; oil is
noticably cleaner at change time.

2001.5 S4 Avant 6spd