[e//S2] suspension choices

Matt twentyV matt_20v at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 09:32:32 EST 2003

you've driven my car, it has H&R with Bilstein HD
shocks.  I think it is a great setup.  The only
negative (minor) is the rear- H&R's are progressive
springs and with the lighter rear end, they are not
compressed to the heaviest portion of travel.  Hence
there is a little more compliance than the front.
My understanding is that to minimize understeer
the rear should be at least as stiff as the front.
So I guess coilovers would be the optimum, allowing
independent spring rates for f/r.