[e//S2] Re: [audi20v] Re: 2.3 turbo
peschulz at cisco.com
Mon Sep 29 16:12:36 EDT 2003
[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]
Things that I noticed about the installation.
* appears to be an early UK s2, with the 3b engine (Note brake master cylinder right side of the car ...(UK driver), battery on the "left" (UK passenger).
* the 20v plastic cover over the spark plugs on the intake manifold ~ spark plugs and distributor based ignition (coil packs would dictate a different valve cover)
* it looks like the AAN intake manifold..fuel rail appears to be a 3b.
* Note how far the radiator is set back (that the radiator fan is in front of it).probably a custom hose from the thermostat housing to the top left rear of the radiator.
* Looks like the Dialynx double core all aluminum radiator.
* custom made front crossmember (square tubing)
* custom BIG intercooler
Yet another example of what can be done to an S2, or another way to create an ersatz S2...
At 05:05 PM 9/26/2003 -0700, Bernie Benz wrote:
>> From: Andrew.Jackson at bmo.com
>> Reply-To: Andrew Jackson <andrew.jackson at bmo.com>
>> Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:07:23 -0400
>> To: "Audi 20V" <audi20v at rennlist.org>
>> Subject: [audi20v] Re: 2.3 turbo
>> Definitely 3B with AAN manifold.
>Are not the 3B distributor and the AAN mutually exclusive? Definitely!
>You are currently subscribed to audi20v as: peschulz at cisco.com
>To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-audi20v-39500G at rennlist.org
1990 CQ (awaiting S2 3b engine transplant)
1991 200 20v TQW indigo mica
1991 200 20v TQW titanium grey
Chelmsford, MA USA
peter at audifans.com
More information about the Es2