[e//S2] Re: [audi20v] Re: 2.3 turbo

Peter Schulz peschulz at cisco.com
Mon Sep 29 16:12:36 EDT 2003

Things that I noticed about the installation.
    * appears to be an early UK s2, with the 3b engine (Note brake master cylinder right side of the car ...(UK driver),  battery on the "left" (UK passenger).
    * the 20v plastic cover over the spark plugs on the intake manifold ~ spark plugs and distributor based ignition (coil packs would dictate a different valve cover)
    * it looks like the AAN intake manifold..fuel rail appears to be a 3b.
    * Note how far the radiator is set back (that the radiator fan is in front of it).probably a custom hose from the thermostat housing to the top left rear of the radiator.
    * Looks like the Dialynx double core all aluminum radiator.
    * custom made front crossmember (square tubing)
    * custom BIG intercooler
Yet another example of what can be done to an S2, or another way to create an ersatz S2...

At 05:05 PM 9/26/2003 -0700, Bernie Benz wrote:

>> From: Andrew.Jackson at bmo.com
>> Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:07:23 -0400
>> To: "Audi 20V" <audi20v at rennlist.org>
>> Subject: [audi20v] Re: 2.3 turbo
>> Definitely 3B with AAN manifold.
>Are not the 3B distributor and the AAN mutually exclusive? Definitely!
>You are currently subscribed to audi20v as: peschulz at cisco.com

Peter Schulz
1990 CQ (awaiting S2 3b engine transplant)
1991 200 20v TQW indigo mica
1991 200 20v TQW titanium grey
Chelmsford, MA USA
peter at audifans.com