[Es2] new project scope (long) -need feedback

Andrew.Jackson at bmo.com Andrew.Jackson at bmo.com
Wed Mar 10 09:47:06 EST 2004

Yeah.... how about getting a reputable exh. mfg. to do a 3" DP and
for the rest of us?

Peter Schulz <pcschulz at comcast.net>
Sent by: es2-bounces at audifans.com
03/10/2004 09:21 AM

        To:     Ben Klumper <bklumper at mdbworld.com>
        cc:     es2 at audifans.com
        Subject:        Re: [Es2] new project scope (long) -need feedback

Since I HAVE an S2 engine, pretty complete, with attached downpipe , I'll
take and post as many pictures as I can...
prolly to audiworld or my comcast homepage.

Engine is _still_  sitting on a pallet, so I can get pretty good views

any particular requests?

>A couple of things:
>I found it easiest to run the harness through a new hole just under where
>the battery used to reside. I also mounted the 3B ecu behind the
>exactly where the 7A unit was. The harness is looooong so you'll still
>some snaking around to do behind the engine.
>I opted to stick with the CQ's clutch, flywheel and pressure plate. We'll
>see how it holds up. I have a feeling that the clutch will outlast the
>I know money is always a factor, but if you can find the things like an
>downpipe, intake piping and upper rad hose (to list a few) it will make
>swap a whole lot easier. There are far more uniquely S2 parts required
>you might think to make everything work out. I'm still finding this out
>I'm near the end of my conversion! For example, the S2 locates the
>frequency valve in a different position than on the 200 just to clear the
>headlight/hood lock. There are many situations you'll come accross where
>either an S2 part or some custom fabbing is required.
>Good Luck!

Peter Schulz
1990 CQ (perpetually awaiting S2 3b engine transplant)
1991 200 20v TQW indigo mica
1991 200 20v TQW titanium grey
Chelmsford, MA USA
peter at audifans.com