[Es2] new project scope (long) -need feedback

Andrew.Jackson at bmo.com Andrew.Jackson at bmo.com
Fri Mar 12 11:36:41 EST 2004

Peter, one more request:

Can you snap some pics of the 3b fuel rail?

Peter Schulz <pcschulz at comcast.net>
Sent by: es2-bounces at audifans.com
03/12/2004 10:57 AM

        To:     Matt twentyV <matt_20v at yahoo.com>, es2 at audifans.com
        Subject:        Re: [Es2] new project scope (long) -need feedback

I'll post some pix this weekend....

Other than the BPV and downpipe, any other specific pix you would like me
to focus on?

I'll try to take pix on anything that I see that is different than the 200

For instance, on the S2 3b there is no valve on the crankcase breather
routed under the IC-TB pipe.
I also did not see the heater valve ( which on the 200 is attached to the
small coolant hose on the back of the head)
the S2 engine has most of the coolant hoses intact....

I also think that the positioning of the afterun pump is different than
(Having seen the install in Matts car, I can attest that this would be
of work to replace AFTER the engine install)

So I'll snap away and post the results

At 10:27 AM 3/12/2004, you wrote:
>I would love a photo of that.  Based on previous
>conversations, I'm not the only one with a front-
>mounted BPV rubbing on the body metal just inboard
>of the pass. headlight.  I've been thinking about
>maybe putting an elbow in the plumbing and pointing
>the valve to one side or the other.
>--- Peter Schulz <pcschulz at comcast.net> wrote:
> > ben/Rick:
> >
> > The 3B S2 uses a different IC-Turbo hose than the
> > 200
> > In the case of the S2, the TBV  is pointed to the
> > passenger fender instead
> > of towards the front of the car
> >
> > -Peter

Peter Schulz
1990 CQ (perpetually awaiting S2 3b engine transplant)
1991 200 20v TQW indigo mica
1991 200 20v TQW titanium grey
Chelmsford, MA USA
peter at audifans.com