[Es2] Clutch/Pressure Plate Poll

Peter Schulz pcschulz at comcast.net
Mon Mar 15 13:03:41 EST 2004

FWIW, Javad Shadzi ist still running his stock 01a tranny and a Sachs 240mm

Still meaning that he plans to run it after installing his new 20v turbo motor.

At 12:49 PM 3/15/2004, Alexander van Gerbig wrote:
>     OK folks, hearing some conflicting information on clutch/pressure plate
>setups.  I had the RS4 and RS2 pressure plates in stock and decided to give
>them a try, unfortunately neither will do.  So back to the drawing board.
>     We are talking about approx. 370bhp to start with on this motor.  So I
>am wary of using a stock 7A pressure plate, but I've got a good source
>saying it will be just fine.  I prefer to not have to drop the transmission
>after 10k miles, longevity and streetability are tops on my list.  Now I see
>a comment that 2B says 300bhp on the stock 7A setup, also someone comments
>on a slipping 7A setup with an RS2 turbo setup, Brandon slipping his stock
>urS4 setup.  It's got me on the look for something a bit more aggressive
>than stock, 5th gear full boost won't be out of the question;)
>     So maybe a poll should be done for the knowledge base:
>What clutch/pp are you running or have run?
>What bhp range/mods?
>Any slipping? (if yes under what circumstances)
>If you have gone through a setup, how many miles did you see from it?
>Alexander van Gerbig
>Waitsfield, VT 05673
>Es2 mailing list
>Es2 at audifans.com

Peter Schulz
1990 CQ (perpetually awaiting S2 3b engine transplant)
1991 200 20v TQW indigo mica
1991 200 20v TQW titanium grey
Chelmsford, MA USA
peter at audifans.com