[audi20v] Fwd: Re: [Es2] Upper strut mounts

Elijahallen92 at aol.com Elijahallen92 at aol.com
Sat Mar 19 09:38:38 EST 2005

I got in on this group purchase. They are expensive but if it means a
lifetime mount solution that seems to be a big problem in these cars I'm in.  I'll
let you know how I like them when I get them in the car. For now the ones  in
the car are the green ones so we'll see how they hold up a Gratton Raceway
next month. Any of you going?

n a message dated 3/18/2005 10:22:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pcschulz at comcast.net writes:

>Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:19:34  -0500
>To: "Audi 20V" <audi20v at rennlist.org>
>From: Peter  Schulz <pcschulz at comcast.net>
>Subject: [audi20v] Fwd: Re: [Es2]  Upper strut mounts
>>Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005  20:18:45 -0500
>>To: "Brandon Hull"  <Hull at cardinalpartners.com>
>>From: Peter Schulz  <pcschulz at comcast.net>
>>Subject: Re: [Es2] Upper strut  mounts
>>There's been an  ongoing thread in AudiWorld from "1pissedoff90" - you may
>>remember  "Mance" from the S-car list - His S-car is gone and now he is
>>modifying a B4 90 V6.
>>Mance tested most of  the available upper strut mounts for the B3/B4
>>("greens", "blues",  "blacks") etc, and found that these new Meyle ones
>>were the  strongest.   http://forums.audiworld.com/9080/msgs/258786.phtml
>>Even  the Meyle one wasn' t good enough, so Mance developed a solid mount
>>- and now he is selling  them:
>>in  the strictest sense he is not an "official Audiworld vendor" he is not
>>selling them....at least on audiworld that is. So contact him  directly
>>through the audifans ad if  interested.
>>Alex van Gerbig has a group purchase  running through today with a $50
>>discount off  retail
>>http://www.euro-audi-parts.com  thread:
>>Personally,  I am intrigued, but at almost $400, I'll try a few sets of
>>standard mounts first.
>>BTW, he is also  making adjustable sway bar links for the B3/B4 and also
>>and  adjustable strut tower bar that connects to the factory B4 strut
>>tower  ends.
>>At  06:10 PM 3/18/2005, you wrote:
>>>Crap, just finished rebuilding  my entire suspension, and just saw these
>>>on ebay, has anyone  tried?  Shameless how the upper bearings  wear...
>>>Es2  mailing  list
>>>Es2 at audifans.com
>>1991  200 20v Q Avant Titan Grey
>>1991 200 20v Q Avant Indigo  Mica
>>1991 90 20v Q Red
>>1990 CQ silver (awaiting S2  engine transplant)
>>Chelmsford Ma,  USA
>--- You are currently subscribed to audi20v as:  pcschulz at comcast.net

Es2  mailing list
Es2 at audifans.com