[Es2] what exhaust and converter?

Peter Schulz pcschulz at comcast.net
Thu Nov 16 08:58:19 EST 2006

the "y" pipe bolts to the S2 3B downpipe and then to two kittys...

I purchased the 034 3 inch DP and plan on getting their complete 3
inch exhaust instead of fabbing my own.
If you can cut and weld, SS, maybe you want to make your  own.

BTW,  the half inch difference in diameter can make a big deal...
Ask Matt Rooke about the transformation on his K24 turboed eS2 when
he installed the 3 inch DP and exhaust.

  At 10:48 PM 11/15/2006, Rick Houck wrote:
>I have a factory downpipe, supposedly for an early S2. It does not split
>into two pipes like I have seen on some, and it has a 3-bolt ring to bolt to
>a converter. What exhaust pipes, mufflers, and catalytic converter do you
>run or recommend.
>The stock coupe pipes are smaller than the 2-1/2" of the downpipe. I see
>that the polished stainless steel CAC system from Europe for the coupe
>matches the size, but I don't know if there are more reasonable
>alternatives. My stock system might work for a while, but it is not in great
>shape and is probably not worth starting with it. Any help would be
>appreciated. Thanks.
>Es2 mailing list
>Es2 at audifans.com

-Peter Schulz
Chelmsford Ma, USA

1995.5 S6 Emerald/Ecru
1991 200 20v Q Avant Titan Grey
1991 200 20v Q Avant Indigo Mica (for Sale)
1991 90 20v Q Red

1990 CQ silver
1991 CQ silver  (eS2 recipient)
1990 CQ red (buyer found)