[Es2] knock, knock,. anyone home? ES2 Radiator choices.

Tom Saltino saltinot at windstream.net
Fri Dec 21 11:11:29 PST 2007

I'll be putting on the new fenders I just picked up from the dealer at lunch today.  I've got some degreasing to do before my baby goes for paint.  That'll happen sometime in Feb I hope.

RE the radiator.  I've been running a stock 4kq radiator and a RS2/S2 fan shroud coupled with a 500W RS2 fan.  I've been running my WX powered 4kq for a couple of years now with this setup and I'm amazed at how well it works.  I beat the tar out of it in the middle of summer at Mid-O this year with heat problems.  BTW, my 4k runs a big turbo (K26/K27), cams, Ned R. ECU, no cats, etc. so it's really making a lot of heat.

The "RS2" fan is the same as a late 100 or 200 fan.  I picked up a few spares from the junkyard.  The  RS2 fan shroud is a valid US part number too.  I don't know if any are still stateside but they are available via the dealer.