[Es2] Best expansion tank?

Ben Swann benswann at verizon.net
Wed Mar 4 18:15:57 PST 2009

LMK if you want a used one.

-----Original Message-----
From: es2-bounces at audifans.com [mailto:es2-bounces at audifans.com] On Behalf Of Kenneth
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 5:05 PM
To: Audi 20V; es2 at audifans.com
Subject: [Es2] Best expansion tank?

It's time again for me to replace a leaking expansion tank, this time on my '90 CQ
that's been sitting.  The last one I bought started to inflate so I was able to exchange
it under warranty.  I believe this one is the exchanged one, but I apparently installed
it some time back in '05.  That seems way long ago, but that's what my Autohausaz.com
transaction history shows.

I noticed the tanks on the market are much more translucent than the more opaque ones
that we used to get.  I think the new ones, although they look nice, suck.  I don't know
if there are any differences in the ones available from various sources, but I sure
would like to get one that lasts a decent amount.  I haven't even driven my CQ in a
year, and now that I've started it and cycled the coolant temp a couple times it's got a
nice leak where the webbing is trying to keep it from inflating.

So, is it a crapshoot to buy any of the tanks on the market, or is there a certain
supplier that has some better quality?  Are the ones from the dealer any better than,
say, autohausaz.com or 034motorsport.com ones?

Es2 mailing list
Es2 at audifans.com