[Marketplace] Cars: FS: 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro
marketbot at audifans.com
Thu Oct 6 15:10:08 EDT 2005
Title: FS: 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro
Location: Welland, Ontario. Canada
Date: October 06, 2005
Contact: Mark F.
Email: mardak at gmail.com
I'm reluctantly selling my 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro. I'm heading to B.C. soon, so I need to reduce my "fleet" of vehicles... Here's your chance to own a very rare Audi model (only around 1500 total imported into North America).
It has a 10v turbo (MC2) engine swapped in (w/ K26 turbo), and the chassis has 200,000 km (120k miles) on it. Engine has half that. There's no rust. Alpine white exterior, blue cloth interior. It's an updated later model 1990. The car is lowered mildly on unknown springs. It's located in southern Ontario (Welland).
I bought this car about a year ago, and put over $4000 in (oem) parts and 60+ hours on the hoist into it. I took a "replace everything" philosophy to the running gear, and all the parts listed have about 2 months use (took it off the road in March - been parked since). In the process of rebuilding the entire running gear EVERYTHING that even looked like it needed replacing got replaced, not to mention all the "while I'm there I may as well" stuff that got done. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things, but here's what I can remember:
- wheel bearings all around
- ball joints all around
- control arm bushings all around
- upper strut bearings front and rear
- front tie rods & ends (rears are great)
- transmission mounts
- transmission fluid change
- rear diff mounts (all - including the rear)
- rear diff seals
- rear diff fluid change
- driveshaft center bearing/housing
- OEM Lobro CV joints and new boots where needed
- Brake discs front and rear
- Mintex Redbox brake pads front and rear
- Euro H4 headlights (B4 style) w/ relay kit
- clear front corner lights with mirror/orange bulbs
- B4 hood (brand new, uninstalled)
- Nokian RSI tires (95%+ tread left - 2 months use)
- Cabriolet alloy wheels (used)
- four wheel alignment
- Reflex low profile wiper blades
- center differential is blown (car parked since it happened in March)
- B4 hood needs to be installed
- interior has a few cigarette burns
Overall the car is in great shape. It's certainly worth putting time and money into - which is the only reason I went all out on it last winter. It needs a bit of TLC to make it real nice, but mechanically she's very reliable and in great shape. I have sourced a rare UrQ rear differential (w/ only 60k miles) and will throw it in with the sale. I planned on swapping in a 3.89 geared 4000 or 5000 Turbo Quattro transmission (less buzzy on the highway than the stock 4.11 CQ gears) - and the UrQ rear diff is the only simple direct bolt on swap with the matching 3.89 gears (better "turbo gearing"). There's nothing wrong with the rear diff in the car now though, so a stock 80/90/CQ tranny could be used. I found good used trannies for $250 from Force5 Automotive.
The car can be checked out in person during business hours, and possibly early evening - feel free to email me for my phone number.
As for a price, I'm hoping to at least recoup most of what I put into the car in parts. I realize it needs a tranny to get it back on the road, but I put a serious amount of cash and time into mechanically restoring this car. All the b.s. and hard work is done! A tranny swap, and install the (included) new B4 hood and this car will be very nice. I'm asking $4000 Canadian ($3500 U.S.).
[ This is an automated message ]
[ You are receiving this message ]
[ because you signed up for the ]
[ Marketplace email notification. ]
More information about the Marketplace