[Marketplace] Cars: 1987 5000 CS Turbo Quattro
marketbot at audifans.com
Fri Sep 9 09:45:51 EDT 2005
Title: 1987 5000 CS Turbo Quattro
Date: September 09, 2005
Contact: Chris Luick
Email: chrisluick at prodigy.net
Hello everybody! Here's a good car at a good price that represents a great opportunity for somebody. This burgandy/cayenne colored 5000 has a gray leather interior, and has been well maintained over the years. Unfortunately the auxiliary coolant pump burst open, spewing out the coolant and blowing out the headgasket. This car has working A/C and will come with aero wheels and a set of Blizzak snow tires. The car won't start, but delivery in the Minneapolis area can be arranged. This would be a great candidate for a turbo conversion project, a parts treasure chest, or simply repair the headgasket and have yourself a great winter car.
This baby does need a handful of things--seems like all these quattros do. As I recall, the car needs an auxiliary water pump if you want to use one, but I simply bypassed it with a section of pipe, and I would frankly keep it that way if I were to continue driving the car. The A/C works great, but the blower motor was getting weak and will need to be replaced. The clearcoat is peeling off on the roof and hood. There may be a couple other little things, but that's most of it.
Now for all the important things that have already been replaced or repaired:
1. 190K New timing belt, water pump, oil seal, and idler pulley
2. Chipped ECU (230hp) and adjustable tt cam sprocket
3. All (4) new struts
4. Replaced All CV boots and some joints
5. New brakes front and rear including pads and rotors
6. New center drive shaft
7. Rebuilt power steering rack
8. Power steering system from 83 5KT (uses Dexron ATF)
9. Front end rebuild: sway bar bushings, strut bearings, dust boots, etc.
10. Transmission and rear diff. filled with Mobil 1 synthetic
11. Oil changed every 3K miles--I always used synthetic
12. New thermostat, WOT swith, mfts, idle air solenoid, etc.
13. All new wheel bearings
14. Adjustable wastegate cap, new injector seals, OEM filters, general maintenance, etc.
Well, I'm sure that's not all of it, but that certainly gives a good indication of the level of service that has been given. The leather interior is nice overall, and with a little tlc, you'll have an awesome winter (or summer) car. Fell free to email or call with any questions.
P.S.--I got over 30 mpg on the highway with the cruise on. : )
[ This is an automated message ]
[ You are receiving this message ]
[ because you signed up for the ]
[ Marketplace email notification. ]
More information about the Marketplace