[Marketplace] Cars: 84 4000S Quattro 10vt conversion
marketbot at audifans.com
Wed Dec 27 00:28:37 EST 2006
Title: 84 4000S Quattro 10vt conversion
Location: bellingham, wa
Date: November 02, 2005
Email: pattymcphatty05 at hotmail.com
Phone: 360 319 6057
The previous owner had the car repainted in pearl effect red. The paint is in great shape and was recently treated with a clay bar and waxed. The interior is also in great shape, the seats are all jacquard (Quattro script) black satin, with a black headliner, carpet, and black 85 4000 dash and console.
It runs fine, but still needs to be tuned more (this is my first megasquirted car, so I dont have much experience with it.). Essentially, I did the wiring and fabrication for the swap, got the car running, broke in the engine, and did some tuning.
- The engine was removed from a 1986 5000 CS Quattro, which means it is a single knock sensor 10v Turbo 5 cylinder. (MC-1 engine code) It was rebuilt by a friend and certified Audi mechanic. He sold the project to me unfinished (he sold me the engine and the car- not running). He replaced all of the following: piston rings, valve stem seals, valve guides, head gasket and all other top end gaskets, valve cover gasket, miscellaneous radiator hoses and breather hoses, etc.
-The head is resurfaced (8.5:1 compression ratio)
-All boost hoses were replaced (some with high pressure marine exhaust bellows, and some high pressure radiator hose rated at well over 30 psi.
and the full top end is rebuilt, with a resurfaced head (8.5:1 compression ratio)
- The front-mount intercooler is from a dodge SRT-4 and fits nicely in between the tow hooks.
- The blowoff valve is an HKS SSQV dual stage valve that sounds awesome.
- The wastegate is upgraded with a 1.9 Bar spring and diaphragm.
- fuel injection is run by Megasquirt II software and timing is run by a Mac-11B ECU (chipped by Unintended Acceleration). Megasquirt II can be set up to control both timing and ignition but I havent gotten that far into it yet.
- Injectors are Bosch 42lb injectors from 034 EFI.
- Fuel rail kit, injector bungs, lines, fittings, and various other parts are from 034.
- new Koni adjustable struts in all 4 corners.
- 2Bennett coilovers all around. (380-400 spring rates)
- Turbo is a K26 (larger than the most oftenly used K24)
- straight 2 ½ piping back to a Flowmaster 40 series muffler with dual 3 exits.
- Autometer 25psi Boost gauge
- New Momo champion steering wheel.
Stereo was just installed by Stereo Plus in Mt. Vernon
- Pioneer head unit connects directly to ipod.
- New 4 speakers in front and 5 ½ rear.
-I will probably weld in a new Vibrant Performance glasspack muffler as well in the next week because it is ridiculously loud right now. If I dont get around to it, Ill still throw in the muffler.
- I will also throw in some 330lb/in springs.
- Spare set of 14 4000 wheels without tires.
- Two spare corner windows with latches.
- Two spare rear rake calipers, two fronts.
- Tons of other spare parts. I have another 84 4000 turbo parts car for the purpose of fixing this one up.
I shuold have pictures within 24 hrs, and will send via email. Ill do my best to answer questions as diectly and thoroughly as I can.
[ This is an automated message ]
[ You are receiving this message ]
[ because you signed up for the ]
[ Marketplace email notification. ]
More information about the Marketplace