[Marketplace] Cars: '86 Audi 4k quattro (+ extras!)
marketbot at audifans.com
Mon Oct 16 15:44:27 EDT 2006
Title: '86 Audi 4k quattro (+ extras!)
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Date: October 31, 2005
Email: msuffern at gmail.com
Phone: 919 357 5775
I must part with my beloved 1986 Audi 4000CS quattro. Car is located in Winston-Salem, NC.
Overall, the car is in fantastic condition for its age. ~110K miles (the odo quit about six months ago). Good things:
- No rust whatsoever, paint in very good condition and it polishes up beautifully.
- Interior in excellent condition as well.
- Strong engine, all peripherals function very well.
- Stebro stainless steel cat-back exhaust in excellent shape. Sounds beautiful, built like a tank.
- Coupe quattro wheels with 205/50-15 Kumho Ecsta 711s (80% tread left).
- Nakamichi CD400 headunit (one of the few whose lighting scheme MATCHES the interior).
- Extras included: Thule roof rack (including fairing) and ski carriers in near-new condition, spare fuel tank, crank locking tool, many odd and ends like electrical switches.
Areas that need attention:
- Front strut mounts need replacement.
- Oil leak behind tensioner pulley that I haven't had time to fix yet.
- Needs headlights relayed and headlight switch replaced.
- Air nipple on front diff lock actuator broken off.
- Small dent in front bumper cover.
- Broken cable in driver's window actuator.
- A/C needs charge.
I have been as honest as possible in my description of all the car's issues. If you know what you are doing, a long weekend would take care of all of it and you would have a near-perfect '86 4kq. I am getting married in a month and don't have time to address everything, much to my chagrin.
It's a fantastic little car, tight and fun to drive. I will miss it. Many, many more pictures available upon request. Call or e-mail with any questions.
[ This is an automated message ]
[ You are receiving this message ]
[ because you signed up for the ]
[ Marketplace email notification. ]
More information about the Marketplace