[Marketplace] Cars: Zermatt 86 Audi 4000 CS Quattro
marketbot at audifans.com
Wed Dec 26 11:00:14 PST 2007
Title: Zermatt 86 Audi 4000 CS Quattro
Location: Evansville, IN
Date: November 02, 2006
Email: TDiVeeDub at hotmail.com
The car was originally from North Carolina owned by a Matt Suffern. If you do a search on AudiWorld you will see old pics of the car. He replaced the timing belt, gas tank, water pump, and few other things. A guy from Oregon bought the car and drove it from N.C. to Oregon, documenting the trip on http://www.motorgeek.com
I bought the car from (Derracuda) in April of 2007, drove the car from Oregon to Evansville, IN totaling 2500 miles with not one issue. After I got the car home and drove an additional 500 miles I was changing the oil one day and noticed coolant dripping from the HG. The car did not show classic signs of a HG leak: white smoke, merky oil, coolant smell in the exhaust, etc. After seeing the leak, I pulled off the head and paid about $360 to have it decked and conditioned.
"After mechanically aligning the engine TDC and attempting to statically time the engine I have not been unable to get the car to fire."
**** I had a mechanic tell me that it is a timing issues and/or vacuum problem****
Things that I have replaced or repaired:
- Head Gasket, water pump, injector seals, valve cover gasket, intake manifold gasket, exhaust head bolts, cylinder head was decked and reconditioned, new thermostat, temp. switch, coolant hoses, coolant expansion tank, trunk lift devices, washer nozzles.
- Installed K&N filter
- there are probably a few other minor things I can't remember.
- CarFax papers.
- Bentley / Haynes Manuals included
Other minor things that don't work:
- both rear window lift motors or switches, I have not diagnosed yet.
- driver side door needs a new latch. These diecast material are typical to break.
- radio does work, but the CD player does. Ant. issue
- Odometer works sometimes and sometimes it does not.
- front sway bar was removed, needs new set of bushings $120.
- A/C was removed (all the parts are included).
- muffler was removed.
I would not be asking for $1200 if it was not worth it.
A few points:
* 130K documented miles
* No rust body, under carriage
* Interior / Exterior in very good condition
[ This is an automated message ]
[ You are receiving this message ]
[ because you signed up for the ]
[ Marketplace email notification. ]
More information about the Marketplace