[Marketplace] Cars: 1985 Audi 4000S Quattro Project
marketbot at audifans.com
Mon Jul 2 15:33:30 EDT 2007
Title: 1985 Audi 4000S Quattro Project
Location: Falls Church Virginia
Date: December 07, 2006
Contact: John Baker
Email: jbaker7 at yahoo.com
This car hasn't been used in 3 years and will no longer start. I moved to Denver several years ago and it's been sitting at my Dad's near DC. It might be a good project to get running or could be used for parts.
It has original paint (fading) and about 170,000 miles. I've owned it for 16 years.
When it was running, the main problems were:
(1) some sort of issue with the air intake valve (that big 3-4" paddle in the big rubber hose) where it would backfire now and then. Got a refurbished one in the trunk, never put it in. It would cause the car to stall or not start sometimes too.
(2) slow pinhole leak in radiator
(3) slight looseness in steering, have brand new joint and strut ends in the trunk for that
(4) slow leak from brake cylinder, have a brand new one in the trunk
(5) slow leak in A/C, added dye to locate
(6) wear and tear on seats and various inside trim, minor body damage (broken tail light, peeling paint, minor dings with small rust spots), no significant accidents, no major rust
I can include the above referenced parts (and some others in the trunk too), or not, and can include the JVC CD player stereo with removeable faceplate and remote.
Tires are 4 BFG Comp T/A ~5 years old, low miles, one has gone flat sitting there idle.
That's about it, email questions. Asking $500 including parts and stereo. Please make offer and if you wish let me know what you hope to do with it.
[ This is an automated message ]
[ You are receiving this message ]
[ because you signed up for the ]
[ Marketplace email notification. ]
More information about the Marketplace