[Marketplace] Cars: 1990 200 TQ 10V
marketbot at audifans.com
Fri Jun 15 16:03:11 EDT 2007
Title: 1990 200 TQ 10V
Location: San Jose, CA
Date: December 06, 2006
Email: anothertangent at hotmail.com
I have one that runs but needs work that I can no longer do:
1. Moved into a condo with my girlfriend that has a slightly smaller garage
2. The housing association is fairly tight on working on a vehicle, so I can't be as obvious or noisy
3. The topper is that I have been recouperating from a back injury that's taking too long to heal...
The car is a red 1990 200 Turbo Quattro 5-Speed. It has a nice black leather interior and a mostly straight body that's becoming weathered.
-It has new a new ignition coil, fuel filter, air filter and spark plugs installed. (car wasn't running when I bought it, it just had a bad coil)
-The car is complete, the clutch is solid and it tracks straight down the road.
-It has been sitting over a year, but the AC was working then, I haven't tried it since. -All of the interior electrics work, including the sunroof, and the headliner is still good. All of the black leather is still intact with no cracks/tears.
-Full Bently Manuals
~any extra parts + CD copy of VW/Audi digital parts catalog (Windows 95/98/NT)
What it needs:
1. It needs to pass smog, but the exhaust header is cracked and too loud. I have the rare 2-piece exhaust manifold(so it won't crack again!)+ gaskets for change out!
2. The left axle needs a CV boot. I have a whole shaft to replace it with!
3. Brake fluid flush and possible caliper rebuild
4. Dash tempurature sensor is flaky... needs troubleshooting
5. Timing belt (soon)/ waterpump (since you're there)
6. Tires have decent tread left, but they're older
As you can see above this is a car that needs mostly labor as the parts remaining are more or less not the issue (belt, fluids, etc.). This car just represents a personal/financial disappointment as I didn't get the manifold soon enough.
So if you're looking for a Mechanic's Special let me know as I'm thinking of selling it for Salvage and selling the parts and service manual separately for cash. Obviously, I'd prefer to have it stay on the road out of principle, but timing is everything...
[ This is an automated message ]
[ You are receiving this message ]
[ because you signed up for the ]
[ Marketplace email notification. ]
More information about the Marketplace