[Marketplace] Cars: 1986 Zermatt 4000 CS Quattro
marketbot at audifans.com
Fri May 2 05:14:33 PDT 2008
Title: 1986 Zermatt 4000 CS Quattro
Location: Evansville, IN
Date: December 05, 2007
Email: TDiVeeDub at hotmail.com
I purchased this car from an Audi mechanic in Oregon for $2300. See history below. Since then, I have invested close to $1000 in parts and repairs.
If your interested in a well kept, rust free 4KQ you need to check out this car. I am selling it because I do not have the $$ to support two projects. Check out some pics.
Location: Evansville, IN
The car was originally from North Carolina owned by a Matt Suffern. If you do a search on AudiWorld you will see old pics of the car. He replaced the timing belt, gas tank, water pump, and few other things. A guy from Oregon bought the car and drove it from N.C. to Oregon, documenting the trip on http://www.motorgeek.com
I bought the car from (Derracuda) in April of 2007, drove the car from Oregon to Evansville, IN totaling 2500 miles with not one issue. After I got the car home and drove an additional 500 miles I was changing the oil one day and noticed coolant dripping from the HG. The car did not show classic signs of a HG leak: white smoke, merky oil, coolant smell in the exhaust, etc. After seeing the leak, I pulled off the head and paid about $360 to have it decked and conditioned.
This car runs great!! I just installed a Euro Instrument Cluster. Looks like a German car now. This car has 135K documented miles.
Things that I have replaced or repaired:
- Head Gasket, water pump, injector seals, valve cover gasket, intake manifold gasket, exhaust head bolts, cylinder head was decked and reconditioned, new thermostat, temp. switch, coolant hoses, coolant expansion tank, trunk lift devices, washer nozzles.
- Installed K&N filter
- CarFax papers.
- Bentley / Haynes Manuals included
Other minor things that don't work:
- both rear window lift motors or switches, I have not diagnosed yet.
- radio does work, but the CD player does. Ant. issue
- front sway bar was removed, needs new set of bushings $120.
- Diff. Locking System - disconnected, needs vacuum hoses.
- A/C was removed (all the parts are included).
- Cruise Control inoperative (parts included).
- muffler was removed (rusted out). The rest of the muffler system from the cat-back has been inspected to which the mechanic stated that it's in very good condition.
If you have any questions, please call 812-454-6817.
[ This is an automated message ]
[ You are receiving this message ]
[ because you signed up for the ]
[ Marketplace email notification. ]
More information about the Marketplace