Wheels and Wings for ur-S4/S6

TM t44tq at bellatlantic.net
Sat Aug 19 13:03:54 EDT 2000

I know that with the right offset, you can easily fit 18x8" wheels on the
car. I have no knowledge of larger sizes- I'm sure some S4/6 owners can
in with fitments in 8.5" or 9" widths, if it is possible. I know personally
of someone running 235/45R17 (maybe 40 series) on an S6, but don't know how
much wider you can go. Chris Miller has 255s on his '91 200q, so I don't see
why you couldn't go with 245 or 255s all around, with the right wheel.

Kamei makes a rear wing, but I don't know of an air dam. IMHO, these cars
very clean-looking- I wouldn't put a wing or an air dam on it, as you run
risk of making it look really ugly. I'd consider the S6+ bumper, though. It
the car look more modern, IMHO, with styling closer to the current A4/A8.