'87 4kq fuel problem?

Luke Rickert rickert at engr.orst.edu
Tue Dec 19 13:32:17 EST 2000

Today while running errands (aka starting to do Christmas shopping)  I
experienced a strange problem with my car. It would start ok, but when I
tried to start moving, the throttle didn't do anything. After a little
while and flooring the throttle it worked and continued to operate
normally while I drove. This happened twice on warm starts car just after
getting gas. Any ideas or places to start looking? I haven't done anything
to the fuel system since getting the car in July (no problems) and don't
know what if anything has been replaced before that.

Luke Rickert

Remember: There is nothing more dangerous than stupid people with power.