Cycling cold start injector

Ameer Antar ameer at
Thu Nov 9 19:51:28 EST 2000

you could rig it to work like that, but I don't think there is enough fuel
flow in the cold start injector to make a difference at WOT to give you the
max power mixture. I've heard other's consider this, but I never heard any
success in this case. I think secondary injectors are an option. The top of
the throttle body/manifold would be a good place to put em, but the hood
wouldn't close.

If yer having problems w/ the system not giving you enough fuel, there
should be a remedy. Diagnosing CIS is not impossible. If yer just looking
for more boost, turbo CIS should allow 12-14psi of boost. Beyond that it
might be better/safer to replace the ECU and CIS w/ an aftermarket ECU/EFI
system. Problem w/ EFI though, is where to mount the injectors. I've seen
pictures of some guy's I-5 w/ pulsed injectors and a fuel rail mounted
between the manifold and head, but it sounds like a lot of custom work.
just some thoughts...