No slow start

kentmclean at kentmclean at
Mon Nov 20 10:01:37 EST 2000

This is baffling. Normally I have to grind the starter for 8-10 seconds before it will start. The last two times I've travelled (one week or more), when I returned and started my '89 200 TQ, it started immediately (within one or two rotations of the crankshaft). This morning, temperatures around 30F (-1C), it started immediately again.

My question to the list: what would cause this odd starting behavior?
The injectors were replaced about 50,000 miles ago.

Kent McLean
'89 200 TQ acting funny