Mann Filter Question

Clough, Samuel Samuel_Clough at
Tue Sep 5 15:03:18 EDT 2000

I have a 95 A6Q that was made in late 95 and so uses the larger filter.
I've always used Mann 940/9 filters.  However, I'm not being told that Mann
has discontinued these filters and replaced them with another filter that is
a "later" Audi filter number.  I think the Mann filter number is 935/
something.  Regardless I just did an oil change on the quattro and noticed
that this new filter is significantly smaller.  Has anybody else that uses
the 940/9 heard this?  Maybe it's just me, but I hate to use a smaller

95 A6Q