Are front wheel bearings interchangeable on all type 44's?

Eyvind Spangen eyvind.spangen at
Fri Sep 8 22:12:44 EDT 2000

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000 12:51:08 -0400, you wrote:

>are the front wheel bearings identical for an 87 5ktq and 89 200tq.  local
>parts store shows different p/n and of course the one for the 89 200 is more
>expensive.  guess i could go take a look but i thought i'd consult w/ the
>pros.  thanx.

I think there was a change from axle nut to axle bolt around 1988, but
I'm not sure if the bearings really are different. I guess the only
difference between the 87 and 89 bearing is the bundled axle nut on
the 87 and the bolt on the 89..