5k gearshift lever types

Ameer Antar ameer at snet.net
Tue Sep 19 13:37:30 EDT 2000

I'm reading through the Bentley and find a section on a 'low movement
shifter' on later cars. Is this sort of a 'short shifter'? What years was
it on? guessing '86+? Does it work on any of the manual tranny's or does it
have to be of the same type? Also is there just a rubber boot on the
shifter? In the Bentley I see pics of just a rubber boot. But I've heard
others talk about leather. Is there a stock leather cover or one to be had
from somewhere? Thanks, and if anyone has any of these items from parting
out their MT 5k, let me know.