#1275 - profiling!

Mitchell S. Haskins mhaskins1 at home.com
Mon Apr 2 13:56:11 EDT 2001

I hate to say this, but I don't think any of you know EXACTLY what profiling
is.  Being African-American, MOST car dealerships HAVE treated me like I
couldn't afford anything I was looking at (I CAN afford what I look at), or
I was about to steal the wheels off the showroom models.  I have YET to be
satisfied at a new car dealership, and the ONLY satisfaction I ever got
buying a car was from a USED CAR DEALERSHIP.  The salesmen were friendly,
COMPETENT, and willing to let me drive a car for a 7-day period to see if I
really wanted to buy...