CGT keeps dying, help!

Alexander van Gerbig Audi_80 at
Thu Apr 26 11:19:24 EDT 2001

    Hey this is exactly what my sister's '86 5ks did a month ago.  She was
cruising down the highway when she noticed the car slowing a bit, so she
floored it, but the car got slower.  Eventually it wouldn't respond to
throttle input at all and the idle was horrendously sputterous.  She got it
towed down to her shop and they found the pressure regulator for the fuel
system was busted and replaced.  Now she has a happy car again, plus she
claims it's much peppier than before.  Maybe something for you to look into,
same symptoms, though she has CIS-E I believe, but same type of pressure

Good Luck!

Alexander van Gerbig -- '88 80

The Audi  80 Pages-----------------

North Ferrisburg, VT 05473