ghosts in my audi

pasquale pilato pasqualep99 at
Tue Aug 14 08:28:46 EDT 2001

Hello group,
my 1990 100q has a bit of a stalling problem.  It
seems that when I stop at a stop sign or red light, as
soon as I put the clutch in the RPMs fall, past idle
and stall.  The car does about 3 times a week, I
wasn't really worried about it until I realized that
the car stalls as soon as you take off the oil cap.
Is this a safety feature, are the two related, should
I worry, and how can this be fixed?  Any help out
there is much appreciated, thanks.

someone who loves old cars too much.

Do You Yahoo!?