Chris Covington malth at
Tue Dec 4 12:27:33 EST 2001

Another way to get out of tickets that has worked in my experience, and my
friend's, is (if you know you're not going to get the ticket reduced to a
non-point violation) to immediately go and trade your license in to another
state then get a new one.  Then wait as long as is possible for the response
on your ticket on your former state's license, pay the fine, and your old,
defunct, license is charged with the ticket.  Your new license is still clean.
I swapped licenses a few times between NY and Michigan when I was at UM, and
still have a clean record.  But since '99, I've simply just chilled out and
have been driving less than 10 over the limit and haven't had any problems
(the extra 5 miles an hour is not worth the 30 minutes you'd save on a 12 hour
drive, or the 1-4 minutes you'd save on a shorter drive).  That's the easier

'91 200q20v

More information about the quattro mailing list