30,000 mile oil

Stephen Bigelow sbigelow at sprint.ca
Thu Jan 25 15:19:30 EST 2001

> >If the oil is killing your budget that much, an Audi is not >the ride for
> >considering their inherit cost of upkeep.
> Well said...

That's why it's important to use the best possible fluids, and change them
when required. I believe we're all agreed on that.

Lots of interesting reading on lubricants in the Lubricants/Fuels forum at
including analysis results.

These guys go 10k, 15k or more in turbo *diesels*, and change it when it is
indicated by (usually) soot content...which you can't tell by colour.