'85 4kq subframe bushings

William Perron w_perron at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 14:14:45 EDT 2001

Long time lurker/archive searcher-1st time poster.

Removed my rear subframe, popped out the old subframe
bushings on a press w/o much trouble and went to
install the new ones.  Lubed bushings and holes in
subframe with some dishwashing liquid.  Rear bushings
(longer w/ small green dot on heads) slid in quite
nicely.  The problem I am having is with the shorter
(front) bushings.  The just will not slide in without
going in crooked and tearing some of the rubber.  I
would appreciate it if anyone had any tips on
pressings these bushings/alternate methods etc. I
don't want to buy 2 additional bushings only to have
the same thing happen!

Thanks in advance
Bill Perron
Bristol, CT