brake lines problem

chris franz cr4ck3r at
Fri Jun 15 22:09:23 EDT 2001

Ok...So I changed the pads on my 86 4000q.    The back went well and the
front was ok except I lost a lot of brake fluid (had trouble speading the
caliper so I opened the brake line to relieve the pressure).   Added more
brake fluid and tried to pump the pedal to push the air out of the line.
Pumped for a while and figured I got it all so I refitted the line.   Now I
don't have any pressure in my braking system.   Pedal is pushed to floor
with little resistance.    I figure that I still have air in my lines but I
don't know the correct procedure for removing it.    Can some one tell me
what to do?    Thanks in advance.
86 4000cs quattro