Clutch slave cylinder .... #$@!

. . ikke_000 at
Wed Mar 14 19:37:24 EST 2001

I am as we speak trying to replace my clutch slave cylinder... which seems
easy enough to me to do. BUT, how do I remove the roll pin after removing
the retaining pin. From the way the clip looks I presume the roll pin needs
to be moved towards the right, seen from above, facing to the rear of the
car (= same way as bleeding screw and pressure hose point and the same way
the retaining clip comes out).

I am working from above and can hardly reach the left side of the clutch
housing, I've tried pushing it out with a screwdriver and about ten other
tools but alas, no movement.... There's absolutely no way (space) I can
apply more force with he help of e.g. a hammer. Getting really frustrated
over such a totally basic thing now so I'm hoping somebody can help...

Many thanks,

85 CQ