No more oil consumption!

Sean Ford audi_92_100cs at
Tue May 15 08:12:18 EDT 2001

Well, I've confirmed it... my '92 100CS is no longer drinking oil.

I've gone through 2 tankfuls of fuel, roughly 800 miles, since I had
the O2 sensors changed and as recently as 3 months ago that would've
resulted in at least a quart low of my favorite synthetic.

I checked this morning and my oil level is still topped off. I'm
thrilled!! I was so worried that I was going to need a valve job or
that there was something wrong with the head, but it appears to be

This is just another example of the importance of O2 sensors, but it
continues to beg the question, why didn't the check engine light come
on sooner? My car has steadily been increasing it's appetite for oil
over the past few years and 25k miles. That's a long time for the
sensors to have been a problem.

Sean Ford
audi_92_100CS at
'92 Audi 100CS 5-spd non-q