Damn CV Boots (91 200) (Rant)

james accordino ssgacc at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 17:41:55 EDT 2001

--- Ryan Gemmill <Gemmill at mail.flashmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, thanks for the information... this time I'm
> definitely going to
> insist on the OEM part from the dealer.
Except DON'T get them from the dealer.  Any of the
recommended vendors from the list will have the exact
same part for much less.  They generally are about
$14-20, depending on which one you need.  Some may be
more, but definitely not over $25.  You want Lobro or
GKN.  I think they are all owned by Glaenzer Spicer.
I'm looking at the box from the inners for my 200
right now.  It says "Original equipment" right on the
label.  P/N 443 498 201B- $13.19 ea.  Outer boot kit
P/N 447 498 203- $21.14 ea.  These come with the
grease, bands, locknut or bolt and and the six triple
squares if it's an inner.

Jim Accordino