Nimda Virus

Joseph Rae quattro at
Fri Nov 9 14:45:09 EST 2001

It also modifies all webcontent that is on your machine adding a little
java script load the virus when you read the website.
Kind of a pain for a web developer to fix, I used to have a script that
would clean the files, don’t know if I deleted it.

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-admin at [mailto:quattro-admin at] On
Behalf Of Alexander van Gerbig
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 10:09 AM
To: audi20v at; BIRA; Quattro
Subject: Nimda Virus

    Well I just found the Nimda virus in my system.  My anti-virus did
not detect it, but my C,D,E drives were all fully publicly shared and I
had EML files all over my drive.  I manually removed all infected files,
but I read that Nimda can send itself out using my address book. So just
a warning to those out there who I have had contact with.  Symantec does
have a removal tool, but it's quite easy to remove it manually.  To
check look into MSCONFIG, check the System.ini tab, view all the boot
commands, look for shell=explorer.exe.  If it says something to the
effect of, load.exe -dontrunold then you have Nimda.

Alexander van Gerbig -- '90 90q20v -- '88 80t (R.I.P)

The Audi  80 Pages---------

North Ferrisburg, VT 05473